Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On The Road, Again

It is apparently raining all over the world. I left Dallas for St. Louis yesterday morning, landed to a cold, damp Missouri morning. Then headed for L.A. yesterday evening, landed to a cold, damp California evening. Cloud cover all the way across, so I assumed it was a cold, damp Kansas, Colorado, Nevada day as well. Plus, being the seasoned traveler that I am, I left my raincoat and/or my leather coat in Dallas, safely in the closet, where I assume it is keeping itself warm and dry. I, on the other hand, am not warm and dry. I am cold and damp and just a little cranky.

But here I am at Panera Bread, on my third cup of warm coffee, so the world is looking just a little better. And if you haven't noticed, my eldest daughter gave me a blog "makeover" for my birthday. So those of you who suspected I was just an old coot, here is proof positive. I love the look of the blog, it probably won't help the writing or the observations, but isn't it nice looking? The grand looking lady in the photograph is my bride of 33 years (she gets frequent mentions in this blog) She is also the one that set up this entire deal to begin with, so either thank her or send her a nasty note depending on what you think of the blog.

The other picture is of my grandson when we went on a "day hike" with his father. We went to the Palo Dura Canyon, where we had a great time. Eli wore out the last mile or two and Brad carried him on his shoulders, when we hove into sight of the car, Eli asked, "can I ride my scooter?" The scooter had been packed in the trunk. Brad was firm in his response, Eli was devastated by the intractability of his daddy, I was amused by the nerve of this little guy to even ask after being carried for the previous 30 minutes. Usually I side with the grand kids (grandaddies prerogative) but this time I felt Brad had a pretty good case. Anyway, I refrained from laughing out loud, besides, I wanted a ride home.

So from the road, again, Godspeed, fellow travelers.
Don

4 comments:

Jordan said...

The blog looks fantastic! She's pretty good, isn't she?

It is not cold or damp here in Amarillo. (Is it ever "damp" here?) Sorry about your coat...but you are sitting at a Panera Bread so it can't be all that bad. I'm even a little jealous. Panera Bread, rain, coffee, some sort of pastry, by yourself...that just might be heaven! :)

See you soon.

Anonymous said...

The Blog looks great. Makes me want to hit the road soon. I think Washington is calling.

Anonymous said...

OK...it's 12:30, AM, and i've just finished reading your blog -- not just today's (yesterday's now), your WHOLE BLOG, from august 30, '08, thru today. i'm not sure exactly what made me read the entire thing (every word of every entry) in one sitting other than my slightly OCD tendency, but i really enjoyed the musings and the introspection that they brought about in myself. AND, now, i won't have to feel guilty whenever you ask whether or not i've read your latest blog; of course, that assumes that from here on, i'll be disciplined enough to STAY caught up - yikes. with that said, i can't comment on how its "look" compares to what it was because this is my first time ever on it, but it does look cool.

Jordan said...

Clark and Doug-
Does this mean you'll start commenting on my blog now? I just assume you both read it. :)

Next stop: Facebook!