Monday, November 17, 2008

Random Musings

This is a time of year that lends itself to reflection. But for me, this is a time of year when I am worn out from work and travel. On top of this we are in full wedding plan mode, December 6 is W-day for my youngest. I love her to death, and will do anything for her, and she has gone out of her way to make this simple and easy and inexpensive ( as these things go) but I am ready for the day. I can't wait to see friends and family we don't often see, I am ready to see my little girl have her wish come true, I'm ready to reclaim my house and my wife back to some level of normalcy. Weddings are fun, but man are they something else to plan and execute.

Have you ever listened to the warnings of the drugs they promote on TV? I have been battling some form of chest cold/bronchitis/plague, whatever for a month now, and have only begun to listen to the warnings on TV. They always say it fast, lower tone, right at the end where, if you are not listening, you will surely miss it. If any of these symptoms persist, can't hear, can't see, lower back ache, diarrhea, numbness, chest pains, joint pain, loose teeth, bleeding ears, can't urinate, can't STOP urinating, knees lock up....what was I taking this for?!? Whatever the original condition was, it can't be as bad as this. I don't take prescription drugs anyway, no high blood pressure, no cholesterol, no ED medicine. So anything I take has triple power, I'm afraid to take anything now that I've listened to the warnings. I think I will just clear away the chest clutter in the morning and not deal with all the side affects.

Okay, great story. A dear friend of mine just got his Doctorate in Ministry (D-Min for those who care) he is preacher at one of the few stable large churches, and is really one of the fine ones. He overheard his 10 year old son tell a friend at church, "Yeah, my dad's a doctor, but not the kind that helps anybody." Ouch! I'm still laughing. Fortunately, my friend is the kind who can laugh about it as well.

And finally, I am leaving this next Saturday to go and reclaim the remains of my truck, still in Throckmorton. I'm bringing it home to see if it can make a miraculous recovery or donate it's parts to auto-science. It is what the old Ranger would have wanted. Oh well.

Anyway, Godspeed. Stay away from those drugs, they will kill 'ya.
Don

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are still sick...that stinks!!

Wedding day is almost here and I am lucky to have great parents who will let my dream come true! And a dad who will sit throught not 1 but TWO wedding meetings that lasted about 2 hours!!!

Good luck with your truck! And we hope you can bring Shane's back in good shape!

Love you and see you soon!
Your youngest!

Jordan said...

You should still go to the doctor. You know, the kind that "helps" people. Old people die of colds all the time! :) I love you and can't wait to take over your house for a week and half!