Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Past

It is official. Santa and all his minions are safely captured and back in the attic.I have mentioned on this blog my love/hate relatoinship with the holiday we know as Christmas. My memories are of kids and grandkids, laughter (lots of laughter) snuggles, wrestling with the grandkids, finding a parent when a dirty diaper is detected, cooking, cleaning, and late night decaf with just a little bite of something sweet. But my last memory is always putting the cases and cases of decorations back in the attic. Next year will be very little decorating coupled with a very quiet Christmas as all our kids and grandkids go visit their in-laws.

I told my kids to marry orphans..Did they listen? No.

Anyway, Godspeed to another holiday season. Hope yours was a good one.
Don

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if they had listened and married orphans you would have to contend with the great christmas extravanza every december. be careful what you wish for.
xxxbevxxx

don said...

True dat'